Friday, February 13, 2015

Worry-Free Valentine's

Valentine's Day. Love it. Hate it. Indifferent to it. Whatever your feelings are on it, one thing is for sure - it can raise a lot of stress for people, whether they are single, dating or married. Let me offer a perspective for you ladies.

Check out the verse above. Have you heard it? Read it? Ok, read it again, like you mean it.

Got it? Good.

This is a verse that was presented to me and had that "aha!" moment when I was facing a very dark time in my life. I didn't know what the future would bring, and yes, ladies, I was already married. Even after Mr. Right enters your life, it is still filled with unknowns and challenges. Sometimes even tougher challenges than when you were single.
It is quite incredible how many ladies think they need a man in their life to "complete" them. I used to be in this boat. I would mourn every Valentine's Day and mope and whine with my other single friends. It wasn't until probably the year I met my husband that I just looked at Valentine's as another day, and stopped worrying about the "other half" I may or may not have had wondering around out there. Once I gained this attitude (and REALLY gained it), God provided me with what I needed. He needed me to just LET GO. When I let go of what I want, it allows Him to show me what I truly need. Why did I gain this attitude? Well, the verse above was a lot of it.

I am stronger than a circumstance, and so are you. Whether your circumstance be the possibility of a single future (which is NOT bad - whole other discussion), or it be facing the unknowns in health.

I am strong because I have Christ, not because I have a man. I have dignity and will NOT mope about my circumstance, but laugh because God has amazing plans for me! (Jeremiah 29:11)

I will not worry about the future because God tells me to only worry about TODAY and to take it one day at a time. (Matthew 6:34)

I love Proverbs 31:5 because it is part of a Proverbs 31 woman. It is the woman God wants me to be, but it is a choice I must make every day. Though I have the days of moping and whining about circumstances, this verse is a hearty reminder that I am more than a circumstance, and a circumstance does not define me. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Enjoy your life, no matter your circumstance. Nothing on this earth matters as much as He. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment