Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pursuing God's Plan

This is always the time of year that I begin to look forward to another school year with 8th grade ladies and taking them through what it mean to become God's best while we wait for our hopes and dreams. This year, I'm working towards making it a little more practical and applicable by talking about what it looks like to pursue God like we would an achievement, or a goal, or a job, or a guy...
My inspirations have come from the book "Lady in Waiting" by Jackie Kendall & Debby Jones over the last several years of presenting these concepts to our ladies. This book changed my entire perspective on what it means to actively pursue God before anything else. That, along with some experiences that changed my views on this world and who I am.


As I look forward to another year and another awesome crew of 8th grade ladies, I want to make that question real to you. Whether you are in 8th grade or still sitting around, waiting for happiness to find you. What would it seriously look like if you pursued God like you would a man? Or what would it look like if you seriously pursued God like you would a dream career? Or an achievement that you have been working so hard for?

The book covers 10 characters of being a "Lady in Waiting". I recently found a parent's edition of this book that outlines how to take your gal through the Lady in Waiting book, and one of the quotes that hit me hardest and made me realize just how vital this process is is this:

"The safest place for your girl to be is the place where she is more concerned about what God thinks than what anybody else things - possibly including even her parents who may have dreams for her that God never dreamed."

I think that we battle what our daughters think so much, that we forget that our plans for them may not completely align with what God's plans are. This can be hard...especially if He is sending them overseas to dangerous places to proclaim His good news! What if she moved there?

If you don't have daughters, think about you. What if what you are trying to plan for your life isn't what God is? You'll be left beating your head on a wall until you finally pursue Him and His way for you. I can guarantee that His plan is greater, safer, better, and much more satisfying.

So pursue God with all out heart and mind. We'll be talking about what this looks like throughout the weeks. For now, just look at what you are trying to plan for your life and ask if it is really working out for what God wants for your life. Are you asking God "What are YOUR plans for me?" or are you telling God "Hey God, I have this plan that I would love that You got on board with." Make sure it is His plan you are pursuing.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment